We’re pleased to announce that in its first year of inclusion in the Gartner Magic Quadrant report, Microsoft Azure Sentinel has been named a Visionary, where we were recognized for our completeness of vision for SIEM.1
Gartner has said that “cloud SIEM will be the future of how many organizations consume technology.”2 We wholeheartedly agree! Today, security teams are constantly asked to do more with less. They need to protect expanding digital estates, detect increasingly advanced threats through huge amounts of noise, and keep up with a massive backlog of investigations.
Azure Sentinel is built from the ground up to be completely cloud-native, and it enables security teams to focus on protecting their organizations instead of maintaining infrastructure. It collects, correlates, and analyzes data at cloud scale across the entire organization, resulting in higher efficiency and more effective security analytics.
We released Azure Sentinel in November 2019 as the first cloud-native SIEM on a major public cloud. Since then, we’ve helped more than 9,000 customers across a broad range of verticals modernize their security operations and have received industry recognition for our market-leading approach.
One of the most fulfilling things about working on Azure Sentinel has been seeing our customers realize the value of our vision firsthand. At MVP Healthcare, moving SecOps to the cloud gave the security team unprecedented agility, allowing them to react and scale faster. At ASOS, Azure Sentinel empowered the security team to cut issue resolution times in half. And at LinkedIn, moving to Azure Sentinel allowed them to significantly reduce operational overhead, plus reduce investigation times dramatically.
We’re honored that we have been able to help so many organizations during Azure Sentinel’s short time in market and are thrilled that we were recognized in this Gartner report for our vision for the future of SIEM.
Looking back and looking forward
While we’re excited about how far we’ve come in the last year and a half, we’re just getting started. Every day, we’re learning from customers and partners about how we can improve. And we aren’t slowing down—empowering SecOps with new innovations for Azure Sentinel is one of the highest priorities for our security engineering team.
In 2021, we’ve delivered key innovations across a variety of investment areas, including data collection, AI, machine learning, automation, and much more. A few highlights include:
- Expanding visibility across all security assets, platforms, and clouds with more than 50 new connectors, including for security solutions like Cisco Umbrella, ITSM solutions like ServiceNow, and other clouds—with many more in development.
- Enabling efficiency and faster response with automation innovations such as the release of automation rules, a simple framework for leveraging automation that’s highly integrated into the day-to-day SecOps workstream, as well as new automation connectors and playbooks.
- Helping security teams deploy integrations and use cases faster with solutions, which allow you to deploy connectors, workbooks, playbooks, detections, and all other content related to integration in one package.
- Empowering SecOps with integrated SIEM and XDR, such as Microsoft 365 Defender incidents integration, allowing users to seamlessly pivot between the breadth of SIEM and the depth of XDR while investigating.
- Democratizing machine learning with customizable machine learning anomalies, which gives security analysts a code-free experience to customize machine learning to their individual organizations and use them in detections and threat hunting.
- And much more. We invite you to read more about our recent innovations from Microsoft Ignite 2021 and from the recent RSA Conference 2021.
We have a long and exciting journey ahead and we look forward to helping you further streamline and strengthen your security—and enabling SecOps to be more efficient and effective than ever.
As always, to our customers, thank you for coming with us on this journey. We love working with you and hearing your feedback!
If you’re ready to get started with Azure Sentinel, we invite you to sign up for a trial today.
To learn more about Microsoft Security solutions, visit our website. Bookmark the Security blog to keep up with our expert coverage on security matters. Also, follow us at @MSFTSecurity for the latest news and updates on cybersecurity.
Gartner does not endorse any vendor, product or service depicted in its research publications, and does not advise technology users to select only those vendors with the highest ratings or other designation. Gartner research publications consist of the opinions of Gartner’s research organization and should not be construed as statements of fact. Gartner disclaims all warranties, expressed or implied, with respect to this research, including any warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.
1Gartner, Magic Quadrant for Security Information and Event Management Kelly Kavanagh, Toby Bussa, John Collins, 29 June 2021.
2“Questions to Answer Before Adopting Cloud SIEM Solutions”, Kelly Kavanagh, Gorka Sadowski, Toby Bussa, July 27 2020.
READ MORE HERE